Hi, I'm David Cogen and I run TheUnlockr.com, a technology site with over 250,000 monthly impressions, and YouTube.com/TheUnlockr, a technology-based YouTube channel with over 650,000 subscribers. Both of these get a large amount of consistent search traffic even from content I produced years ago.
So in this course, I want to show you how you can do that yourself through a process called SEO or Search Engine Optimization.
We'll go into what SEO actually is, how Google and YouTube decide what content to show people searching, how you can use these things to gain regular traffic to your site or YouTube channel, what exactly you need to do to your content to make sure it's SEO optimized and you gain the most potential traffic you can (and not just make something that flashes in the pan and is gone), show you how SEO research can help you decide what content to potentially do in the first place, and lastly I'll even walk you through the entire SEO process for an article and a YouTube video so you can feel comfortable when you need to do the same.
Here's a quick list of what you'll have when you are done with this course:
- An understanding of the basics of how search engines work and how to optimize your content for them to gain the most traffic you can.
- Insights into how Google ranks content and how you can use that to help your content perform at its best.
- I'll walk through a typical SEO keyword research and on-page optimization workflow (for your website and/or YouTube) that you can then follow for your own content.
- Basic ways to get external links and why they are so important.
This course is for:
- Creators who want to gain more traffic from search results for your content.
- Small businesses looking to gain new clients over time through search.
- Freelancers/job seekers looking create content to bring in new clients or job opportunities via search.
Ready? Let's get started!